Andrew Luck’s sudden retirement has sent shockwaves across the NFL over the past two days. Luck, who is just 29 years old, said his continued battle with injuries has ultimately led to his decision to hang up his cleats after just seven seasons and 86 regular season games. Luck said his decision to retire is based on how the injuries he has consistently endured over the past four years has taken their toll on him both physically and mentally.
We often look at athletes with awe and envy, blessed with genetic gifts most can only wonder at possessing. But those gifts often come with a price, the unreal expectation that an athlete won’t falter on the field or give in to injury.
I break down the shocking retirement, the numbers he amassed, what they mean for the rest of the NFL and the Colts moving forward!
Statistics Used in Today’s Episode
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Links below.
- Share this show and Ask Anything on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- Visit our website for the last information and news: statmanpodcast.com
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn, and now Google Podcast